The versatility of the Scrypta infrastructure: case studies and applications
In this post we want to hypothesize some cases of use of Scrypta blockchain technology to better define the infrastructure opportunities and potentials.
Following is a (non-exhaustive) list of some of the ways in which the Scrypta language can be exploited.
The Scrypta blockchain could be a means to allow an open governance system to improve the public procurement and tender process implemented by PA or companies. Scrypta could make the competitors’ verification mechanism transparent (and the documentation presented by them) and reduce administrative burdens on contracting stations and economic operators.
In addition, to ensure the traceability of the supply chain for the contracts awarded in compliance with selective procedures, Scrypta has developed a model that makes the entire system of agreements between the parties safer, more efficient and streamlined and whose main characteristic is the construction of trust lines, called “Trustlinks”, between persons, bodies or public officials.
The approach proposed by Scrypta for conducting public tenders and contracts is based on two main elements, which can be applied individually or integrated together:
- A platform that makes the tender process more rapid and fair and that manages three distinct phases: opening of the tender (publication), period to present the offers and selection of the best offer.
- A platform that regulates the relationship between the contracting station and the winning organization of the contract, adding transparency to the process of financing and managing the life of the contract.
Platform for tender management
In this section we will briefly describe the start of a transparent tender process based on the Scrypta blockchain.
- The tender will be published on the blockchain, thanks to a certified public key
- A potential bidder (the organization that wants to participate in the tender) can download the offer from the blockchain.
- The bidder will examine the tender specifications and generate an offer in response to the tender.
The offer is encrypted by the bidder generating a symmetric key (offer key). The symmetric key is then encrypted by the public key of the tender body. Half of the “offer key” is included as part of the presentation and the second half will be communicated to the tendering body at the end of the presentation of the offers.
4. The bidder will record the offer in the blockchain. The offer is signed by a signature certified by the tender, a process that can take place outside the blockchain.
5. At the end of the deadline for sending offers, the blockchain won’t accept new offers.
6. The tender body can download the proposal of the offers and can decrypt the offers if they have the full “offer key”.
- On the closing date of the call for tenders, the tender body will have the evaluation code executed and will choose the best offer.
- The evaluation result is entered on the blockchain. At this stage, the tender body can make public the “offer key” of all bidders on blockchain.
7. The tender body will record the results of the offer and the evaluations on the blockchain public register, together with the keys to the bidders, which are useful for decrypting and seeing the offers in clear.
This information is crucial for auditing citizens on the tender process.
8. Citizens can access the tender details from the blockchain (where these data will always reside) along with the criteria used for evaluating the offers.
9. Citizens can download the tender contract that contains the code for the evaluation criteria of the offers.
10. The evaluation results will show if the bidding process was fair.
Platform for managing the relationship between the contracting station and the winning organization
Thanks to the integration of the Scrypta Trustlinks, a greater level of transparency will be added in the management of the contract life between the contracting authority and the winner of the tender.
The creation of an account called “Multisignature” will allow the creation of common transactions, whose transmission and validity will only occur if both parties voluntarily affix their digital signature.
In the studied case the two (or more) parties decide to initialize a Trustlink and to publish their identity (in encrypted form) respectively. The acceptance by the subjects of the mutual identity is fundamental in order to continue to use the Trustlink.
The contracting station and the winning organization therefore establish a real certified relationship channel. The first action (with a joint will) could be to publish the conditions for exercising the relationship. Later the organization could send information (invoices, traceability, etc.) and the contracting station could send its feedback (positive / negative, payments, disputes). The whole report would be written indelibly in the blockchain and therefore have legal validity even in the case of diatribes.
This is an example of what can actually be done with Scrypta technology. Our intent is to build additional services on blockchain to increase efficiency and transparency.
Decentralized infrastructure to support Scientific Research
When it comes to managing scientific research data, the most important challenges to face are security, shareability and interoperability. If the information is isolated and stored on multiple systems that don’t allow the regular exchange of information, the data would become scarce. Scrypta provides a reliable solution for this specific challenge leading to greater security, data sharing, interoperability, data integrity, updating and real-time access.
Scrypta is studying a platform specifically created for academic and scientific research that uses blockchain technology. Researchers can record a permanent record chain, valid and immutable in real time, from the early stages of research to all scientific and academic products, including citation / attribution operations.
Using the platform, researchers will be able to immutably demonstrate the ownership and existence of new jobs, expand access to their scientific and academic products, provide and receive “real-time” attributions for new jobs and more fully and quick to build and demonstrate all their academic contributions.
Huge amounts of data are needed to conduct scientific research. Researchers focus on these information sets and conduct regular tests under different circumstances to generate reports, statistics and effectiveness reports. Based on these reports, the data is analyzed and further decisions are made.
In order to make scientific evidence fairer and more transparent, researchers will be able to use specific dApps interconnected with the Scrypta blockchain technology, producing safe, impartial and transparent studies.
Documents created and used in the process, such as informed consent, research plans, regulations and the study protocol should be marked by the timestamp. This means that the documents should have a certain proof and specific details of their creation.
The Scrypta blockchain would add credibility to scientific evidence and results. These documents can be stored on the blockchain reducing audit costs, lost document problems and fraud.
Statistical data register
The blockchain is rapidly becoming an important tool for the management and registration of practically all types of data too.
The advent of the internet has caused what technicians call “data deluge”, literally a deluge of data. Currently, most of the personal data collected are stored in central databases called servers, each company has one or relies on cloud computing platforms. Despite the continuous investments and the increase in the social importance of cybersecurity, even digital data is not immune from theft. Furthermore, the insufficient acquisition of data sharing authorizations can have significant consequences such as for example the lowering of the statistical analysis quality, caused by the lack of updated or crossed data.
Scrypta offers solutions for managing and sharing data through blockchain applications. The algorithmic protocols allow the data to be collected, stored, analyzed and crossed with a guarantee of safety and without any personal information being revealed. Scrypta can guarantee adequate interoperability between infrastructures for an efficient exchange of data.
As a practical example, let’s analyze the case of a blockchain-based tourist register:
Tourist register based on Scrypta
The platform designed by Scrypta would make it easier and faster for operators to send statistical data and tourist flows. It would also allow accommodation facilities to communicate data on arrivals and tourist presences for the purposes of statistical surveys.
Ensuring data integrity throughout the entire life cycle is critical in information systems. Cryptography, hash comparison or use of digital signatures are some examples of how Scrypta can ensure data integrity, regardless of the stage they are in (in transit, at rest or in use). The Scrypta blockchain infrastructure respects the so-called “security by design” guaranteeing privacy (decoupling of data from individual identity) and data minimization (sharing only those absolutely necessary).
The services that can be implemented have the objective to:
- facilitate the process of data collection at the accommodation facilities through tools accessible via the web;
- support the development, the studies and the analyzes useful to the actors of the tourist system to take strategic and marketing decisions;
- disseminate the results of statistical processing of data, studies and research to operators;
- elaborate summary indicators on tourist flows and accommodation supply, with respect to different dimensions (time — years / months, territory — aggregations of municipal territories, markets — origin of tourists).
Health: a new model of Health Card
This study is based on a new data management model related to the health of citizens that implements the blockchain technology.
To this purpose, Scrypta has developed an Identity Card with NFC technology (an acronym for near-field communication) which bases its operation on a pair of keys, one public and one private, used to identify users and allow data exchange in a protected and safe manner. Users are identified in the blockchain through a string of characters, called “address”, derived from their public cryptographic key. Through NFC you can quickly synchronize data between two devices, even completely different from one another (specific readers, cell phones, etc.).
For more information, refer to the Medium article
We are convinced that the blockchain is an important innovation for the future of Health. A valid tool for the digitalization of public and private companies.
To conclude, in the light of the actual cases summarized in this post, the areas in which the Scrypta infrastructure can be used are many. It is necessary to continue with information and dissemination activities, to verify their possible use and above all to move from discussion to putting ideas into practice.
For more information click here:
SCRYPTA - Adaptive BlockchainWebsite: www.scryptachain.org
Block Explorer: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/lyra
Official Github: https://github.com/scryptachain